This is a multi-user application which runs using an MSSQL Server as its database engine. It requires an SMB mapping to a share which is used by all users of the application, And an ODBC connection to the SQL Database.
The entire application loads, runs, and functions flawlessly, with the sole exception being the fonts: It normally uses a fixed-width Courier-style font for all of its screens, however it still runs using Arial instead.
What does not
The only thing it Cannot seem to do at this time is Print Reports: It shows the printing dialog, but when you click Print, Wines printing dialog comes up, but one cannot click OK or proceed further.
In launching the application, it starts up full screen, but not maximized: This meaning that the lower part of the screen is actually behind the screens panel menu at the bottom. Clicking Maximize solves this as a simple kludge, perhaps changing the programs icon properties to launch the application in a Maximized window would solve this.
What was not tested
Emailing documents, creating PDF documents
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||SLAX 6||Dec 04 2007||0.9.45.||Yes||Yes||Silver||Ray Collazo|
Before installation can begin:
- M2M Requires IE6 or better to be installed first, Set Winecfg to Win98
- The following libraries need to be set to NATIVE:
- Then install Microsoft MDAC 2.5, followed by MDAC 2.8
- Run wine cliconfg, enabled Named Pipes, TCP/IP and IPX/SPX, set up TCP/IP aliases to your Made2Manage Database server
- Manually create the SMB connection to the drive which contains the x:\m2mdata\ database container, MOUTING IT WITH USER-WRITABLE PERMISSIONS AND OWNED BY THE USER, and create a symbolic link to it under wines dosdevices folder.
- Install Made2Manage and run.