The main program works flawlessly, including MaxEdit, the built in word processor.
Printing reports and labels via Wine to a KDE-setup printer Works, but minimally.
What does not
The Login window is obscured by the splash screen: Moving the login screen allows the user to log in.
Sending documents via MAPI email does NOT work, as it cannot see a functional MAPI subsystem.
What was not tested
MaxExchange capabilities, Campaign Manager
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||SLAX 6||Dec 04 2007||0.9.45.||Yes||Yes||Silver||Ray Collazo|
Before installing Maximizer:
- Wine version must initially be set to Windows 98
- IE6 must be installed
- in winecfg, the following libraries must be set to NATIVE:
- Install MDAC 2.5, then install MDAC 2.8
- run wine cliconfg, enabled Named Pipes, TCP/IP and IPX/SPX, set up TCP/IP alias that points to the Maximizer Database Servers IP address
- Run Winecfg, change to WinXP
- Install Maximizer: when it asks to pick a database server, it will show your database server twice: PICK THE SECOND ONE!!!
- Install SR3 patch
- Run Winecfg, change to Win98
- Install MX70HF2 patch and ME7HF1 patch.