As good as everything
How to install:
After trying to install the game for about 10 hours I found an easy way to do it (that's what i've done):
- Install the Game in Windows XP, Base Game and all addons into c:\Program Files\THQ
- Check to have the latest version of all games (because you need it to play online and to play the Games (W40k, WA, DK) without CD (as the copy-protection doesn't recognize the CDs correctly).
- export the registry-entries (start -> run... -> regedit -> local machine\software\thq export !!IMPORTANT!! Make shure to export it in 9x/NT4 Format as wine can't read the normal .reg Files
- Finally go to linux
- Copy the games to .wine/drive_C/Program\ Files/THQ/
- Get the crack and overwrite (or better: first back up) Soulstorm.exe
- open console: wine ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/regedit.exe
- import the file u created in the windows xp registry (if u didn't save it in 9x/NT4 format it won't work)
- Actually I had one more problem: when I tried to start the game it complained about Default.dll and other Files it couldn't find. So I installed Soulstorm with wine in the very same directory I copied it from windows. Then it worked.
Now start the Game: wine ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/THQ/Dawn\ of\ war\ -\ Soulstorm/Soulstorm.exe
If you somehow changed the default paths - you know what to do ;)
What does not
- Sound after ingame-Restart (just quit the game and start it again ;)
What was not tested
Multiplayer (but in Dark Crusades it was fine)
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||KDE neon||Mar 31 2017||1.8.7||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Marius Schulz|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux 9.x "Stretch" x86_64||Jan 09 2016||1.9.1||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Ð®Ñ€Ð¸Ð¹ Ð–Ð°Ð²Ð¾Ñ€Ð¾Ð½ÐºÐ¾Ð²|
|Show||Ubuntu 16.04 "Xenial" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Feb 26 2017||1.6.2||N/A||Yes||Platinum||Vance Gallagher|
|Show||Ubuntu 12.04 "Precise" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Feb 05 2013||1.4||Yes||Yes||Bronze||an anonymous user|
|Show||openSUSE 12.1 x86_64||May 03 2012||1.4||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Bartosz Debski|
After you installed the game you may get a performance boost if you use the latest version of DirectX 9.
The easiest way to do so, is using winetricks:
Read more about winetricks, here:
If you have problems with completely corrupted textures the problem might be that your systems lacks a library that is used for texture compression in Dawn of War.
Under Debian based system install the package "libtxc-dxtn-s2tc0" and try again.