Installing GPL 184.108.40.206 via the manual of the GPL Installer (http://gplps.org/wb/pages/projects/gpl-installer.php) works fine. As long as you stick to the updates suggested in the manual of the gpl installer everything works. Things you have to watch are:
- you can install GEM+2, this works fine
- tips on the site http://www.zefix.tv/linux_wine_racing_simulations/FrontPage are still usefull
- make sure to select the correct rasterizer (OpenGL or Direct3D)
- decrease the amount of sounds to 3 or 4 within GPL
- depending on you're computer specifications; do not use full graphics
- adjust the sound within winecfg to the right sound programm (ALSA or OSS)
- disable Dynamic Lighting
- GPL won't start without a prefix like : env WINEPREFIX="/home/username/.wine" wine "C:\Sierra\GPL\gpl.exe"
What does not
What does nog work:
- Sound does not work to the maximum amount of sound. GPL crashes. I will try to use native
- dsound.dll. Maybe this will work.
- I have a limited amount of buttons working on my Logitech Formula Force EX steering wheel.
- Configuring the axis of my steering wheel gives a deadzone when configuring them within GPL.
- I use jscal -c /dev/input/js0 wich works fine
- I get a random crash of GPL with the following wine error
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x94d100 "?" wait timed out in thread 001c, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
What was not tested
- Online racing
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Linux Mint 19.1 "Tessa"||Feb 24 2019||4.2-staging||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||Byke|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Sep 01 2012||1.5.12||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Xwang|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Mar 08 2009||1.1.16||Yes||Yes||Gold||Xwang|
|Current||Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Aug 08 2008||1.1.2||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|