Tournaments, Knockouts, etc...
Joystick / Steering Wheel
Sounds, music, intro
Changing the graphics settings
What does not
What was not tested
Continue saved game
On older PCs the game runs out of the box On modern PCs use schedtool + pe patch. It may also throw a warning that your hard drive has less than 1MB free space - just ignore that. This is NOT Wine's fault, this game is VERY old and it doesn't run even on post-XP Windows anymore. == My system == PC | ASUS Laptop (K55VD) CPU | Intel i7 Ivy CPU (2.3 GHz, 4 cores) RAM | 8Gb DDR3 Memory GPU1 | Intel HD Graphics 4000 GPU2 | Nvidia GeForce 610M (2Gb DDR3) OS | Arch Linux 64bit (Linux kernel 4.6.2) DE | GNOME Shell 3.20.2 Wine | 1.9.12 USED GPU: In this test I used GPU1 to run the game
|Distribution||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Rating||Submitter|
|Current||Arch Linux x86_64||Jun 18 2016||1.9.12||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Horațiu Mlendea|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Apr 25 2016||1.9.8||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Horațiu Mlendea|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Mar 06 2016||1.9.4||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Horațiu Mlendea|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Feb 05 2016||1.9.2||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Horațiu Mlendea|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Dec 26 2015||1.9.0||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Horațiu Mlendea|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|11317||Need for Speed II Demo - hangs on smp machine||NEEDINFO||View|
How to Install
1. Change Windows version in winecfg to Windows 95/98 (installation crashes with 2008/Vista/2003/XP/2000)
2. Go to Drivers tab and add drive D. Redirect the drive to path where your CD is mounted, for example: /media/Nfsiise/
3. Install by wine ./SETUP/ENGLISH/SETUP.EXE and not by AUTORUN.EXE
4. Case occurs the message Hardware not detected, ignore and press ok until the installation continues normally.
How to Play
1. Change back Windows version to XP 2. Download fix utility from HERE 3. Run the fix on game directory: $ wine pe.exe nfs2sen.exe 4. Install schedtool (read "Freezing/crashing" note) 5. Run NFS2 by: $ schedtool -a 0x1 -e wine nfs2sen.exe 6. Ignore message Your hard drive has less than 1MB free space case occurs. 7. Enjoy!
Install with: # apt-get install schedtool if you use Ubuntu, or # pacman -S schedtool if you use Arch Linux
$ wget http://freequaos.host.sk/schedtool/schedtool-1.1.2.tar.bz2 $ tar xf schedtool-1.1.2.tar.bz2 $ cd schedt* $ sudo make install run nfs by:$ schedtool -a 0x1 -e wine nfs2sen.exe
cd ~/.wine/drive_c/NFS2/Download the fix program: Run the fix program against the main executable:
$ wine pe.exe nfs2sen.exe
The glide version needs a Wrapper in order to work, and updated nfs2sea.exe (found HERE). I'm using dgVoodo with this configuration: RenderAPI: Direct3D9 Display Driver: Direct3D9 HAL Screen Mode: windowed mode D3D Textures bit depth: 32 bits texture options: autogenerate mipmaps LFB access: Enable FSB access (use hardware cache buffers when poss, use fastwrite for unmatching formats) ColorKeying Method: Native Texture Mem Size: 65536KB Resolution: 1024x768 Gamma Correction: 100% Miscellaneeous: force triple buferring, use hardware vertex buffers, enable glide-gammaramp Note: Full screen mode does not work for me with dgvoodo, but windowed mode with the display's resolution, shows the game in fullscreen.
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. WineHQ is not responsible for what they say.
- RE: pe.exe by Lara Maia on Saturday January 24th 2015, 9:07
- RE: How to Deal with Freezing by Lara Maia on Thursday September 1st 2011, 21:42