Tournaments, Knockouts, etc...
Joystick / Steering Wheel
Sounds, music, intro
Control remap, force feedback settings, graphics changing
What does not
What was not tested
Continue saved game
If you have a modern PC then you have to apply the pe.exe patch and use schedtool. This is NOT Wine's fault, this game is old and won't work even on modern Windows anymore. Check the notes for more information on how to do this. Old PCs have no problem running the game without those patches.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Jun 18 2016||1.9.12||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Horațiu Mlendea|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Apr 25 2016||1.9.8||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Horațiu Mlendea|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Mar 06 2016||1.9.4||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Horațiu Mlendea|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Feb 05 2016||1.9.2||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Horațiu Mlendea|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Dec 26 2015||1.9.0||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Horațiu Mlendea|
Just a heads-up that you can natively install this game on Linux.
It's recommended to use this version instead of WINE in order to avoid incompatibilities, performance issues, headaches and benefit from improvements like better multiplayer and gamepad support.
You can find the source code, along with detailed instructions on how to install it on the project's GitHub page.
Note 1: It will require the original game's data files in order to be able to launch the game.
Note 2: This port will only work for the NFS 2 SE version and is hardcoded to always use 3dfx.
How to Install
1. Change Windows version in winecfg to Windows 95/98 (installation crashes with 2008/Vista/2003/XP/2000)
2. Go to Drivers tab and add drive D. Redirect the drive to path where your CD is mounted, for example: /media/Nfsiise/
3. Install by wine ./SETUP/ENGLISH/SETUP.EXE and not by AUTORUN.EXE
4. Case occurs the message Hardware not detected, ignore and press ok until the installation continues normally.
How to Play
1. Change back Windows version to XP 2. Download fix utility from HERE 3. Run the fix on game directory: $ wine pe.exe nfs2sen.exe 4. Install schedtool (read "Freezing/crashing" note) 5. Run NFS2 by: $ schedtool -a 0x1 -e wine nfs2sen.exe 6. Ignore message Your hard drive has less than 1MB free space case occurs. 7. Enjoy!
Install with: # apt-get install schedtool if you use Ubuntu, or # pacman -S schedtool if you use Arch Linux
$ wget http://freequaos.host.sk/schedtool/schedtool-1.1.2.tar.bz2 $ tar xf schedtool-1.1.2.tar.bz2 $ cd schedt* $ sudo make install run nfs by:$ schedtool -a 0x1 -e wine nfs2sen.exe
cd ~/.wine/drive_c/NFS2/Download the fix program: Run the fix program against the main executable:
$ wine pe.exe nfs2sen.exe
The glide version needs a Wrapper in order to work, and updated nfs2sea.exe (found HERE). I'm using dgVoodo with this configuration: RenderAPI: Direct3D9 Display Driver: Direct3D9 HAL Screen Mode: windowed mode D3D Textures bit depth: 32 bits texture options: autogenerate mipmaps LFB access: Enable FSB access (use hardware cache buffers when poss, use fastwrite for unmatching formats) ColorKeying Method: Native Texture Mem Size: 65536KB Resolution: 1024x768 Gamma Correction: 100% Miscellaneeous: force triple buferring, use hardware vertex buffers, enable glide-gammaramp Note: Full screen mode does not work for me with dgvoodo, but windowed mode with the display's resolution, shows the game in fullscreen.