Playing the game
What does not
What was not tested
Works very well, except for a bug in wine which requires the use of schedtool on SMP systems.
|Distribution||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Rating||Submitter|
|Current||Ubuntu 7.04 "Feisty" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Feb 17 2008||0.9.55.||N/A||Yes||Platinum||JeffZ|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|11317||Need for Speed II Demo - hangs on smp machine||NEEDINFO||View|
The glide version needs a Wrapper in order to work, and updated nfs2sea.exe (found HERE). I'm using dgVoodo with this configuration: RenderAPI: Direct3D9 Display Driver: Direct3D9 HAL Screen Mode: windowed mode D3D Textures bit depth: 32 bits texture options: autogenerate mipmaps LFB access: Enable FSB access (use hardware cache buffers when poss, use fastwrite for unmatching formats) ColorKeying Method: Native Texture Mem Size: 65536KB Resolution: 1024x768 Gamma Correction: 100% Miscellaneeous: force triple buferring, use hardware vertex buffers, enable glide-gammaramp Note: Full screen mode does not work for me with dgvoodo, but windowed mode with the display's resolution, shows the game in fullscreen.
How to Install
1. Change Windows version in winecfg to Windows 95/98 (installation crashes with 2008/Vista/2003/XP/2000)
2. Go to Drivers tab and add drive D. Redirect the drive to path where your CD is mounted, for example: /media/Nfsiise/
3. Install by wine ./SETUP/ENGLISH/SETUP.EXE and not by AUTORUN.EXE
4. Case occurs the message Hardware not detected, ignore and press ok until the installation continues normally.
How to Play
1. Change back Windows version to XP 2. Download fix utility from HERE 3. Run the fix on game directory: $ wine pe.exe nfs2sen.exe 4. Install schedtool (read "Freezing/crashing" note) 5. Run NFS2 by: $ schedtool -a 0x1 -e wine nfs2sen.exe 6. Ignore message Your hard drive has less than 1MB free space case occurs. 7. Enjoy!