- Notes can be created, deleted, assigned various categories.
- Drag & drop to assign categories.
- Backups, restores, imports, & exports.
- Images can be searched.
- Expanding notes in new windows.
- Changing fonts & colors.
It appears to work better if you do NOT allow the window manager to control the window. It looks worse, but seems to be more stable.
When I did the install, I did a custom install for one user, didn't do the Explorer integration, and didn't have it automatically start. I didn't try every way to install, but these worked for me.
It also seems to work the same in Wine 0.9.46.
What does not
- Searching works, but is unstable. It causes frequent crashes and doesn't always produce accurate results.
- There are a few minor display bugs. On two areas the desktop background can be seen and the followup & to-do buttons on a note are grey blobs until selected.
- It occasionally crashes (mostly during searches) and sometimes crashes on startup. It seems to always restart fine.
- The install crashed the first time, but completed successfully the next time.
What was not tested
- Database synchronization
- Universal Clipper (although I wouldn't expect this to work).
- Handwriting recognition (I don't normally use this feature).