Testing on Ubuntu Linux 9.10 (karmic) - 64bit version (Kernel 2.6.31-14-generic) with Gnome desktop (2.28.1) and WINE 1.0.1 with no dll overrides) . Host PC is a Dell Optiplex GX520 with 3.0Ghz Pentium 4 HT, 2GB Ram, 40GB HDD, onboard intel graphics, onboard network, onboard sound.
1) Installation of BMC Remedy User Version 7.0.01 Patch 011.
2) Opening app and logging in - to multiple servers via LDAP authenticated password even though Linux desktop host isn't on domain. Picked up all settings from preference server
3) Opening several custom (in-house) built forms, submitting new tickets, searching for and updating existing tickets, refreshing tables in a ticket, advanced searches, recording new macro, running existing macro, opening related ticket from a table within a ticket.
What does not
1) Some occasional dialog box placement issues - like when opening the Object List, sometime opens off screen. This is probably due to placement location data not being updated by client when dialog box is closed. Same login used for testing was previously used under Windows XP with two screens and User was being used on 2nd display.
2) One Active Link which tries to collect user environment data when a form is opened, fails to run and crashes me out of User client. This works on Windows.
3) Some random (and very minor) screen garbage/corruption during drawing of window decoration controls.
4) Minor issue with default font used to render display (using default settings in WINE and app), doesn't look as good as same settings on Windows XP.
What was not tested
Currently have no access to any of BMC's own ITSM suite of any version to test there functionality.
Seems fairly stable.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Mar 05 2012||1.4-rc1||N/A||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Red Hat Enterprise 6||Jun 17 2012||1.2.3||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Mar 04 2009||1.1.16||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux Unstable "Sid" x86_64||Feb 17 2009||1.1.13||Yes||Yes||Platinum||nfp|
|Current||Ubuntu 9.04 "Jaunty" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Nov 13 2009||1.0.1||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|