During install I chose the firebird sql database, and furthermore, I chose it to be embedded. When it gives two radio buttons, one for default settings and the other to specify options, select the specify options and you can choose the embedded option to continue.
Sound, agc, eq, tagging excluding amazon stuff, crossfade, volume, streaming does work with the hosts file fix, playlists.
Some things work with limited functionality, what I mean by that is and for example, on the playlist window, when you type in letters, this would normally bring up a search prompt, you have to click the magnifying glass icon to do this instead.
On the encoders, the buttons don't work correctly. Using the right-click context menu works for it though.
Shoutcast and Icecast streaming works. Thats as much as I've tested, I used adpcm and the normal mp3 encoders, besides the ogg for icecast.
Auto DJ works, play queue, and manual dj work.
If you install any thing else with winetricks you might break the config menu, but it still works you just have to use the arrow keys on your keyboard to navigate between settings, then you can use your mouse.
As of added note, if you get the timezone error when you try to install then use wine 0.9.59
What does not
I have a logitech usb 350 headset, can't get the mic to work, but sound yes.
I only tried shoutcast. When it tries to connect to the server it will either freeze the program, give an error (10061), or never connect (says connecting to server).
If this happens to you then you need to change your 'hosts' file in your /etc/ folder.
Update it to include your current or preferably static IP address under localhost.
should look similar (excluding the ipv6 stuff below it):
x.x.x.x(yourcurrentip) (your computer name)
The error log, which you can see on desktop B shows some errors. Didn't pay much attention to them.
Also couldn't figure out how to install different audio encoder formats like LAME.
What was not tested
many other things i'm sure. But all the general use of it works.
Some features I did not test becuase I did not know they were there, and also because I'm new at this. So if you find something just add a comment or submit a bug.
Also works under 32bit ubuntu hardy, and wine 0.9.59
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 14.04 "Trusty" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jan 02 2015||1.6.2||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 13.10 "Saucy" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Feb 17 2014||1.6.1||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Nov 28 2011||1.3.33||No||Not installable||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 10.04 "Lucid" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Aug 16 2010||1.2||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.04 "Jaunty" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Nov 25 2009||1.1.33||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
FOR USE WITH FIREBIRD DATABASE (written by a previous maintainer, kept for archive): prefer mysql
1. Install the latest Wine
2. Download the winetricks sh script, remember where you save it, and name it 'winetricks.sh'
3. Open a terminal in the directory with the winetricks script.
4. type 'sh winetricks.sh'
5. In the window that comes up, choose gecko, msxml3, and richedit20
step five is very important.
6. When the winetricks script is done you should configure wine to your liking if necessary.
7. Run the sam broadcaster setup, use firebird sql, then when it gives the two radio buttons, choose the custom settings one, and in the options that show there, select the embedded one.
8. setup should continue without trouble.
9. Run sam
FOR USE WITH 'HOST' MYSQL SERVER (written by electronico 2009-03-01)
1. install & configure mysql-server on your OS (Ubuntu Hardy X64 in my case) : sudo apt-get install mysql-server
2. install the latest wine and add repository to your /etc/apt/sources.list : sudo apt-get install wine, then sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list and add deb http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt hardy main at the end. Then refresh repositories : sudo apt-get update
3. download winetricks. in a terminal, go to the directory where you've downloaded winetricks and run sh winetricks. Choose : corefonts gecko msxml3 riched30
4. run sam broadcaster setup, choose MySQL as database, choose custom settings (for mySQL) and enter your MySQL root password. Ignore error message about mySQL not found.
5. as told by the previous writter : some minor issues are some button not working (encoders start/stop, same for PAL scripts), the turnaround is to use the pop-up menu by right-click in the wanted fields.
Simple HOWTO: (written by m3gab0y 2009-10-20)
1. Install the latest Wine
2. Install the latest MySQL Server and SETUP it! Just a simple setup, create a root password and start the MySQL Daemon.
The install is easy for some distros. Run this as root:
# yum install mysql mysql-server
for Fedora, CentOS and all in between :)# apt-get install mysql mysql-server
for Debian, Ubuntu and all in between :)
for other distros, consult your documentation or google "MySQL setup your distro".
After install it's a good idea to set MySQL server to run everytime after a reboot. Do that with this command in the console as root:
# chkconfig --level 2345 mysqld on; service mysqld start
Login to MySQL Server with this command as root:# mysql -u rootmysql> SET PASSWORD FOR 'root'@'localhost' = PASSWORD('mynewpass');
Where 'mynewpass' is the password. It should return:Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
Then flush:mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
This is a really quick and dirty way to do it! So if you are not testing, please read on how to securely setup MySQL server.
3. Download SAM 4.2.2. Start the setup, choose MySQL as server, select to specify the setup details, enter the root password and click next. Ignore the errors.
4. Run SAMBC.exe, it should run, if not, install gecko, msxml3, and richedit20 as described above with the winetricks.sh script