SAM - Professional Internet broadcast DJ software. The most advanced
broadcast automation solution that has been developed specifically to
fully meet the specialized needs of online broadcasters. Currently
features MP3, mp3PRO, Windows Media 9 and Ogg streaming support, dual
player decks, advanced playlist rotation logic, drag&drop
management, real-time listener statistics, automated requests, web
output, multi-server support and much much more!
Old test results
The test results you have selected are very old and may not represent the current state of Wine.
Selected Test Results (selected in 'Test Results' table below)
FOR USE WITH 'HOST' MYSQL SERVER (written by electronico 2009-03-01)
1. install & configure mysql-server on your OS (Ubuntu Hardy X64 in my case) : sudo apt-get install mysql-server
2. install the latest wine and add repository to your /etc/apt/sources.list : sudo apt-get install wine, then sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list and add deb http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt hardy main at the end. Then refresh repositories : sudo apt-get update
3. download winetricks. in a terminal, go to the directory where you've downloaded winetricks and run sh winetricks. Choose : corefonts gecko msxml3 riched30
4. run sam broadcaster setup, choose MySQL as database, choose custom settings (for mySQL) and enter your MySQL root password. Ignore error message about mySQL not found.
5. as told by the previous writter : some minor issues are some button not working (encoders start/stop, same for PAL scripts), the turnaround is to use the pop-up menu by right-click in the wanted fields.
Simple HOWTO: (written by m3gab0y 2009-10-20)
1. Install the latest Wine
2. Install the latest MySQL Server and SETUP it! Just a simple setup, create a root password and start the MySQL Daemon.
The install is easy for some distros. Run this as root:
# yum install mysql mysql-server
for Fedora, CentOS and all in between :)
# apt-get install mysql mysql-server
for Debian, Ubuntu and all in between :)
for other distros, consult your documentation or google "MySQL setup your distro".
After install it's a good idea to set MySQL server to run everytime after a reboot. Do that with this command in the console as root:
# chkconfig --level 2345 mysqld on; service mysqld start
Login to MySQL Server with this command as root:
# mysql -u root
mysql> SET PASSWORD FOR 'root'@'localhost' = PASSWORD('mynewpass');
Where 'mynewpass' is the password. It should return:
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
This is a really quick and dirty way to do it! So if you are not testing, please read on how to securely setup MySQL server.
3. Download SAM 4.2.2. Start the setup, choose MySQL as server, select to specify the setup details, enter the root password and click next. Ignore the errors.
4. Run SAMBC.exe, it should run, if not, install gecko, msxml3, and richedit20 as described above with the winetricks.sh script
SAM Broadcaster's Firebird server
Note that SAM Broadcaster's Firebird server doesn't work for linux distrubutions. You should create a manual database with Firebird server for linux.
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. WineHQ is not responsible for what they say.
by kacey on Monday February 17th 2014, 1:41
As of *ubuntu 13.10, testing Wine 1.6.1, this was absolutely worthless. Could not connect to any databases. Installs and supposedly able to run, but it's garbage if it can't connect to a database.