1. Installation works (but installs not those dictionaries that were selected bu user).
2. It shows lvagent icon in system tray.
3. Icon in system tray has working popup menu.
What does not
1. It very often shows "internal error" (but pressing OK makes it to continue working).
2. It's almost impossible to use menus (because after opening menu it shows "internal error" which makes menu to close).
3. It seems to be impossible to select another language (see "2" and "4") (however, it's possible to reverse translation direction using Ctrl+I shortcut).
4. Feature "synchonize source language with keyboard language" doesn't work -- it always switches source language to english.
5. Buttons are too small (especially, "source language", "destination language" and "reverse direction" -- they're very hard to click).
What was not tested
Only basic functionality was tested.
1. Native (microsoft) MSXML3 should be installed -- otherwise Lingvo even doesn't start (only shows tray icon). 2. You cannot change source/destination language, however you can reverse them using Ctrl+I. (Feature "synchonize source language with keyboard language" in options should be turned off.) 3. Appropriate fonts should be selected in options, otherwise it displays rectangles instead of many letters.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 14.04 "Trusty" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Dec 17 2016||2.0-rc2||Yes||Yes||Silver||Julius Schwartzenberg|
|Show||Ubuntu 10.04 "Lucid" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Sep 09 2010||1.2||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||openSUSE 11.0||Feb 28 2009||1.1.16||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jan 15 2009||1.1.12||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Dec 24 2008||1.1.10||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|