Almost everything that is needed for normal use, works fine. (See "What does not work" and "What was not tested" for exceptions.)
What does not
1. The "Synchronize source language with keyboard language" option doesn't work as needed. E.g. when you switch your keyboard language to russian, the source language is switched to english. So better just turn this option off (Tools | Options | General).
2. Popup translations don't work at all.
3. The "Open full entry when I click the word" option doesn't work at all.
4. The Ctrl+Ins+Ins, Ctrl+C+C shortcuts don't work at all.
What was not tested
1. Custom install.
3. Lingvo tutor.
1. Native (microsoft) MSXML3 should be installed -- otherwise Lingvo even doesn't start (only shows tray icon). P.S.: The previous time I tested lingvo menus (with older wine), it shown internal errors very often, it was impossible to use menus and choose another language pair. Now all of that works fine! Wine developers, you are great!
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 14.04 "Trusty" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Dec 17 2016||2.0-rc2||Yes||Yes||Silver||Julius Schwartzenberg|
|Show||Ubuntu 10.04 "Lucid" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Sep 09 2010||1.2||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||openSUSE 11.0||Feb 28 2009||1.1.16||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jan 15 2009||1.1.12||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Current||Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Dec 24 2008||1.1.10||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|