Installation works without a problem.
What does not
Breaks Wine upon startup (i.e., doesn't start up). Also cannot open .widget files.
What was not tested
Couldn't test anything else.
Terminal output: http://bugs.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=20216
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.04 "Jaunty" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Sep 13 2009||1.1.29||Yes||No||Garbage||Adam Z.|
|Current||openSUSE 11.1||Mar 30 2009||1.1.18||Yes||No||Garbage||YaoMitachi|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Sep 27 2008||1.1.5||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||Vector Linux 5.9||Sep 11 2008||1.1.4||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 7.10 "Gutsy" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Apr 11 2008||0.9.58.||Yes||No||Garbage||william|
Currently after installing the Y!WE (Yahoo! Widget Engine), and running it for the first time its supposed to bring up the EULA box, but under wine nothing comes up (it does but its invisible - so it looks like nothing)
To get past the EULA box heres what to do:
1. Open a terminal and type: wine regedit
2. Expand My Computer, HKEY_CURRENT_USER, Software, Yahoo, and click on the WidgetEngine folder
3. Click Edit -> New -> String Value
4. Type EULA (if the text isn't changing right click "New Value #1" and choose rename)
5. Right click EULA and choose modify type: 4.5.2
6. Close regedit (you do not need to save anything) and try launching Y!WE again
As of right now Most of the Widgets do not work, it seems there are transparency issues. And after you first close the Y!WE you cannot reopen it (there are some bug reports that need to be filed)