So far everything except the Launcher
What does not
The NC-Soft-Launcher (you need ULL) see HowTo for more information.
What was not tested
tested everything possible.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||May 25 2008||1.0-rc2||Yes||No||Garbage||Mikael BergstrÃ¶m|
|Current||Debian GNU/Linux 5.x "Lenny" x86_64||May 07 2008||0.9.61.||Yes||Yes||Gold||Marco D.|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux 5.x "Lenny" x86_64||Apr 29 2008||0.9.60||Yes||Yes||Gold||Marco D.|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux 5.x "Lenny" x86_64||Apr 28 2008||0.9.58.||Yes||Yes||Gold||Marco D.|
1. Don't use the Original-DVD, the installer takes forever to get a hopeless outdated version on your Harddisk.
2. Get the Client from ftp://ftp.playtr.com/setup_data_files/
Event though the Client is very large (~3GB) you will have to download the same amount in Patches, if you are upgrading from the Disk-Version.
3. Install either from disk or the downloaded client
4. Get the Linux-Launcher from http://www.lotrolinux.com/ULL
make install (checkinstall, whatever you prefer)
5. If the game complains that you miss d3dx9_33.dll.
Download it, and place it in your wine installations windows and
windows/sytem32 folder (/home/user/.wine/drive_c) and it should work
6. Use the Launcher to Patch your Copy of Tabula Rasa