- Install the game : but it takes a very looooong time ! The setup seems to block when installing speech files, but it's not the case. Installing from hard drive helps a bit.
- Play the game : it takes some time (about 30 seconds) to start the game, but after everything runs smoothly. I had to use a no-CD crack in order to run the game.
What does not
- No sound at all in game when "WINEDEBUG=-all" flag is enabled
- The characters are completely rendered in black when "Pixel Shader" option is enabled in winecfg
- I had to start the game from "$APP_DIR/bin/release" folder (where the main .exe is located), or I obtain the following error : "ERROR in method JackKeane::JackKeaneApplication::init / Could not initialize Ogre subsystem"
What was not tested
The entire game
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Feb 15 2010||1.1.38||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Current||Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Apr 10 2009||1.1.13||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||May 17 2008||1.0-rc1||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Mac OS X 10.5 "Leopard"||May 05 2008||0.9.61.||No||No||Garbage||Donald Campbell|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||May 19 2008||0.9.59.||Yes||Yes||Gold||Fabrizio|