- Intro video
- Account login
- Training + sending training data to the server
- Playing the game online
- In-game PunkBuster update seems to work
What does not
- Mouse (!) - limited movements - very annoying - game is not playable because of this
- PunkBuster - you can play only on servers with PB disabled
- Terrain rendering of some maps (GeForce 8600 GT)
What was not tested
I have not tested every map and option, but it seems the problems listed above are the only ones.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Debian GNU/Linux 5.x "Lenny"||Nov 22 2008||1.1.9||Yes||Yes||Bronze||ultr|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux 5.x "Lenny"||Aug 12 2008||1.1.2||Yes||Yes||Bronze||ultr|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||May 06 2008||0.9.61.||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
In order to fix the mouse bug, download the dinput.dll at http://fxlegrand.free.fr/index.php?page=patches. Dowload the version that applies to the version of Wine you use. (To find at which version of Wine you have, type 'wine --version' in a terminal.) Copy the downloaded version of the dll to your wine system32 directory. The mouse should work as intended.
Note: I have not yet personally tested this howto.