Installs and runs great!
What does not
Unable to activate for full version.
What was not tested
It installed and ran, I could work in it so can't think of what else I could be missing.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.04 "Jaunty" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jul 04 2009||1.0.1||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
|Current||Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||May 13 2008||1.0-rc1||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||May 13 2008||0.9.59.||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
Âhow to install zbrush 3.1 in ubuntu hardy 8.04 with wine
by zero on (October 31st 2008)
1. in order to install the full version of zbrush 3.1 you need to install the demo version first.
2. you need a working zbrush installation in windows to grab
a file named vcomp.dll search it under windows folder on your windows
installation copy and paste it under /windows/system32 wine folder.
3. back to your ubuntu and go to applications > wine > browse c:\ drive and delete the folder /winsxs under windows folder then copy the folder with the same name you can find inside working windows installation. you will notice the name is capitalized and different from the one you just deleted, ignore the difference.
4. go to applications > wine > configure wine and on the application tab change the windows version to windows 98.
5. install dcom98 using this command on terminal
wget www.kegel.com/wine/winetricks && sh winetricks dcom98
6. run zbrush and use the key like you do it in windows installation.