Everything (I finished the whole game without a single problem)
What does not
What was not tested
- When prompted to install DirectX by the Installation, install it. (But don't override any dll's) - If the game crashes at the cutscene where the fist hits Nina (after using the motorcycle at the museum to drive home) and after leaving the toilet in the military post at the train station, when the dialog between the two soldiers ends (and probably many more crashes), you have a faulty disc. And it looks like there exist many of them: http://forum.deepsilver.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35055 (German) This is not a wine problem.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Debian 10.x "Buster"||Dec 22 2018||4.0-rc2-staging||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||Gero|
|Show||openSUSE 12.2 x86_64||Jan 20 2013||1.5.22||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Cedric Heintz|
|Current||Gentoo Linux x86_64||Aug 21 2011||1.3.26||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jan 17 2011||1.2.2||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Mar 04 2009||1.1.16||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Benjamin Knecht|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|13220||warcraft 3 sound stops after a while||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|35227||Secret Files 2: hardware mouse pointer corrupted||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|38580||Secret Files 1-2, UFO:Extraterrestrials Gold: hardware mouse pointer missing/corrupted||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
To run Secret Files Tunguska with wine:
1. Use the latest wine version.
2. Install the game via wine and patch the game to current version 1.03. You can find the patch for example at secret files.
3. Get the d3dx9_36.dll from dll-files and put it into the ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32 directory.
4. A noDVD check file is required, search for one, that replaces the original Tunguska.exe file for your language.
If you have a nvidia card you can enable antialiasing and anisotropic filtering via the nvidia-settings utility.
- The demo is not playable at the moment