- Installing the game out of the box
- Running the game(with music), after copying (dmband.dll, dmcompos.dll, dmime.dll, dmloader.dll, dmstyle.dll, dmsynth.dll, dmusic.dll) native dll files to wine's ./system32/ folder and adding them as native files in the "winecfg->library"
- Playing the movies > therefore the option "scaleVideos=1" found in the "./Cothic/System/GOTHIC.INI" file, must be set to "0" to be able to play videos on higher resolutions
- Loading / Saving
- Sound / Music
- "Marvin-Mode" :) > problem with keyboard; see below
What does not
- Setting the resolution ingame > anything must be done in the "GOTHIC.INI" file > to set the resolution modify the following options "zVidResFullscreenX=1600" and "zVidResFullscreenY=1200"
- Rarely the game crashes while starting
- Not all keyboard inputs are recognized properly; like - or _ being unable to enter in the developer-window; still all necessary keys work to play the game, so this is not much of a problem.
What was not tested
I installed the "Gothic: Universe" Edition with Gothic1 on 1xDVD, already patched to V1.08j and played it over 3,5 hours over two days, without any problems. After modifying the "GOTHIC.INI" file and replacing the dll files, the game becomes completely playable. Therefore a gold rating. The game itself runs with a pretty low CPU consumption > only ~40% of a single core with 3.16GHz. Game settings: - 1600x1200 resolution - Graphic options all at maximum, with all effects on Wine settings: - window mode 1600x1200 Specs: - Wine 1.1.42 - Ubuntu 8.04 LTS - Kernel 2.6.24-27-generic - Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3,16GHz - 4GB RAM Mushkin XP2-8500 1066MHz - ATI HD4870 512MB (using official "ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series" driver Release 9.10) - Window manager: metacity works fine; compiz causes some minor flickering
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux Unstable "Sid" x86_64||Sep 08 2014||1.7.26||Yes||Yes||Bronze||Erbureth|
|Show||Linux Mint 17 "Qiana" x86_64||May 31 2014||1.7.19||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux 7.x "Wheezy" x86_64||Nov 01 2011||1.3.31||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 10.04 "Lucid" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Aug 14 2010||1.2||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Current||Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||May 07 2010||1.1.42||Yes||Yes||Gold||alex|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|16766||Gothic: drawing error on initial window resize to fullscreen (title bar)||REOPENED||View|
|33660||Keyboard's numbers didn't respond on call votes and switching weapons or casting spells||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|38705||Gothic crashes on saving games||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|43153||Gothic 1.0 from Steam freezes in new game on phrase "I'm Diego"||NEW||View|
|43280||No music in Gothic 1 (incomplete dmusic/dmsynth implementation)||NEW||View|