Old test results
The test results for this version are very old, and as such they may not represent the current state of Wine. Please consider submitting a new test report.
Selected Test Results
- Installer worked flawlessly.
- Menu options will work, you will need to press ALT in order to access them;
- Game graphics and gameplay work fine;
- Joystick and keyboard input work flawlessly.
- Even though the game will not run even if the CD is in the drive, music from the CD does play.
What does not
- No entry to launch the game will appear in the Wine submenus. You will have to navigate to where the game is installed and launch stcc.exe from there;
- The game will not run even if the CD is in the CD drive. You will have to get a no cd file of stcc.exe and replace the original stcc.exe file to run the game;
- The menu bar does not disappear as it should, this causes the main game window to have the bottom most part disappear off the screen;
- When going through the menus, sometimes the game window will not refresh and a copy of the desktop will show. Clicking the application in the panel and making another option window appear refreshes the window and makes the game show again;
- The Game Device option within the device settings window will crash the game as the game expects a Windows Game controller window to launch, something Wine of course lacks;
- Game controls are twitchy, that may be because of the way control of the cars is set up in the game. This is most prevalent in the name entry screen.
- Music from the game will play, however it does skip. The CD I have is new and does not skip when playing the tracks using a media player which can read and play tracks from CD using the same CD drive.
- Exiting the game crashed X on one occasion.
What was not tested
- Playing the PC and Arcade modes to their conclusion.
selected in Test Results table below