everything before the blue sky scene at the very begining
What does not
everything after the blue sky scene
What was not tested
the game itself
Workaround used to make the game running.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Arch Linux||Dec 02 2011||1.3.33||Yes||Yes||Garbage||Helena|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux Unstable "Sid" x86_64||Nov 06 2011||1.3.32||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||Fedora Rawhide||Apr 25 2011||1.3.18||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Aug 25 2011||1.2.2||Yes||No||Garbage||Jeeks|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux Unstable "Sid" x86_64||Sep 26 2010||1.3.3||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|
I have made a similar post on my blog here: http://doragonden.wordpress.com/2011/08/29/how-to-run-clannad-full-voice-in-linux-via-wine/
There is a workaround for bug 14961 stated which REALLIVE.EXE crashes on startup. However, there is a script which works around the bug itself and thus, the game is playable.
Steps on running the game:
1) You need to install DirectX9, Visual C++ Runtime 2005 and Japanese fonts (takao) via winetricks. This step is to prevent Error: Unable to display text when playing the novel.
2) You must also set non-unicode programs to Japanese in order for the game to work. You can do this by modifying Wine's regedit and find the key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls\Language. Change the default values to 0411 (Japanese).
3) You will need to install Rlvm, a script for Keyâ€™s game engine needed for the game to start. You can download it here: http://www.elliotglaysher.org/rlvm/
4) Install Clanand Full Voice and the translation patch as usual.
5) After installation, start Rlvm and when asked for game directory, go to /home/[YOUR USERNAME]/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/CLANNAD Full Voice
6) The game will start and the game works nearly flawlessly. However, you cannot change texts fonts but it shouldn't be a problem.