What does not
What was not tested
The game itself
The same bug as usual (14961). Consider playing the game with rlvm (http://www.elliotglaysher.org/rlvm/). Contrary to what the howto suggests, one does not need wine to play Clannad Full Voice with rlvm.
|Distribution||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Rating||Submitter|
|Show||Arch Linux||Dec 02 2011||1.3.33||Yes||Yes||Garbage||Helena|
|Current||Debian GNU/Linux Unstable "Sid" x86_64||Nov 06 2011||1.3.32||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||Fedora Rawhide||Apr 25 2011||1.3.18||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Aug 25 2011||1.2.2||Yes||No||Garbage||Jeeks|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux Unstable "Sid" x86_64||Sep 26 2010||1.3.3||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|14961||Clannad Full Voice will not run||NEW||View|
I have made a similar post on my blog here: http://doragonden.wordpress.com/2011/08/29/how-to-run-clannad-full-voice-in-linux-via-wine/
There is a workaround for bug 14961 stated which REALLIVE.EXE crashes on startup. However, there is a script which works around the bug itself and thus, the game is playable.
Steps on running the game:
1) You need to install DirectX9, Visual C++ Runtime 2005 and Japanese fonts (takao) via winetricks. This step is to prevent Error: Unable to display text when playing the novel.
2) You must also set non-unicode programs to Japanese in order for the game to work. You can do this by modifying Wine's regedit and find the key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls\Language. Change the default values to 0411 (Japanese).
3) You will need to install Rlvm, a script for Key’s game engine needed for the game to start. You can download it here: http://www.elliotglaysher.org/rlvm/
4) Install Clanand Full Voice and the translation patch as usual.
5) After installation, start Rlvm and when asked for game directory, go to /home/[YOUR USERNAME]/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/CLANNAD Full Voice
6) The game will start and the game works nearly flawlessly. However, you cannot change texts fonts but it shouldn't be a problem.
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. WineHQ is not responsible for what they say.
- RE: Workaround by rayanamukami on Saturday October 25th 2014, 17:37