Tested with Basic Stamp 2p24 v1.3:
- Download to the Stamp
- Help function ("Access violation error " when closing the help window)
This is my installation procedure (I love to create a "wine bottle" for each individual application). All codes can be entered in the terminal window as a user, you do not have to be root.
- Add the yourself to the group "dialout" in the menu "System/Systemverwaltung/Benutzer und Gruppen" or by using the "gpasswd"-command as root
- Create a Wine Prefix for this application. Code:
- Create logic link to the serial port (first line) or the USB-Serial-Converter (second line). Code:
ln -s /dev/ttyS0 ~/.wine/basicstamp/dosdevices/com1
ln -s /dev/ttyUSB0 ~/.wine/basicstamp/dosdevices/com2
- Download "Setup-Stamp-Editor-v2.3.9.exe" from parallax.com and copy into the folder
- Install the Application. Code:
env WINEPREFIX=~/.wine/basicstamp wine "c:/Setup-Stamp-Editor-v2.3.9.exe"
- Start the application with the link created on your desktop or using the following code:
env WINEPREFIX=~/.wine/basicstamp wine "c:/Programme/Parallax Inc/Stamp Editor v2.3.9/Stampw.exe"
- Click on Run/Identify and add Com1 and/or Com2 if they are not automatically detected.
What does not
What was not tested
I can't think of anything right now.
The problem with the serial port that existed since wine 0.9.33 seems to be resolved now. Great job!
The command "wineprefixcreate" is depricated. I am using "env WINEPREFIX=..... wineboot" instead