- Mostly everything except for what is described below.
- In a previous version, I had a crash problem with one of my personally written DLLs, but it turned out to be a code issue, not a mIRC issue.
- All my scripts work perfectly fine.
What does not
- Scripts Editor has the first few characters cut off on the left, along with a ton of warning messages about the Rich Edit dialog that the Scripts Editor is using.
- Using /writeini to try to write to an INI file doesn't work, as it seems mIRC is reading INI files into memory but not writing them back out like it should. (My alternative was to write up a DLL to handle the INI files instead.)
- When I switch to another desktop in KDE and then come back to the one that mIRC is located in, the channel switchbar looks at though it thinks the mIRC window was maximized, but this goes away once and it resizes to the size of the window when you switch to a different child window inside mIRC.
- Using the Fixedsys font, bold text is rendered as though it wasn't bold at all.
- When switching to a status window, you can visibly see mIRC rapidly switching all the child windows, which doesn't happen on a native Windows machine.
What was not tested
- DCC Chat was not tested.
- Trying to use a native riched20.dll or riched32.dll to correct the Scripts Editor problem.
The only other issue would be that when mIRC is loaded again after being closed out, it always loads maximized and when clicking the restore icon, it doesn't go to the size it was at on the last run.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.04 "Jaunty" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||May 17 2009||1.1.21||Yes||Yes||Silver||Felix Ericson|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jan 03 2009||1.1.12||Yes||Yes||Silver||Joshua Davison|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Oct 26 2008||1.1.7||Yes||Yes||Gold||ARcanUSNUMquam|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Aug 23 2008||1.1.3||Yes||Yes||Silver||Wessam|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Aug 08 2008||1.1.2||Yes||Yes||Silver||Wessam|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|5787||mirc script editor complains about truncated files||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|5935||mIRC 6.2 has problems when drawing lists||CLOSED||WORKSFORME||View|
|6232||CListCtrl: Control in the first column does not resize||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|10277||Uninstalling software does not remove them from Programs menu||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|11475||mIRC 6.31 sends text upon filling in text box||CLOSED||ABANDONED||View|
|13672||mIRC 6.32 script editor crashes with assertion failure in riched20||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|14642||mIRC 6.33 hang up then IRC channel topic has ISO-8859-2 char||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|15423||mIRC enters deadlock after a second playback attempt||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|15884||Tooltips displayed in mIRC when windows are minimized||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
There is a bug (#5935) in WINE, that causes mIRC not to redraw different list types correctly, when the list is contained in a mIRC MDI child, that is maximised.
The solution at this time, is to load the following mIRC script: http://code.google.com/p/winefix/source/browse/trunk/winefix.mrc
This script should not interfere with any other functions of mIRC.