- Installing from the 2007 installer
(Then I set the 2 dll's to native, builtin according to instructions)
- All the editing options I've tried works, with the exception of adding data from files by open dialog. However, opening a picture in OpenOffice.org Write and then copying it and pasting it into PowerPoint 2007 works fine. So functionality is the same as in Windows with this work-around.
- Animation preview works fine (was previously reported as bugging out) as well as animations during presentations.
- WordArt and SmartArt works.
What does not
- Opening files to include in presentation (copy and paste works)
- Presenter view (does not detect 2 monitors, I guess it would be necessary to make overhead projector primary display or cloned for real presentations)
What was not tested
I only tested basic functionality, making a 2-slide presentation with a couple of animations and a theme. Also used WordArt and SmartArt.
MSI nVidia GeForce GTS 250 with BenQ monitor and Optoma OH projector used to test presenting, which only works if displays are cloned. Dual displays not detected. I did not install any additional fonts except for the msttfonts package. Admin note: rating changed to conform to rating definitions.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 18.04 "Bionic" amd64 (+variants like Kubuntu)||Oct 04 2018||3.0.2||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||Andres Rivas|
|Show||Elementary OS Luna||Mar 07 2015||1.6.1||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Fedora 17 x86_64||Aug 29 2012||1.5.11||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux 7.x "Wheezy" x86_64||Jul 08 2012||1.5.8||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux 7.x "Wheezy" x86_64||May 29 2012||1.5.5||Yes||Yes||Bronze||an anonymous user|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|7156||Multiple apps need wingdings.ttf||NEW||View|
|14966||Cannot insert clip art in MS Word/Publisher in Office XP/2003||NEW||View|
|14980||Wine does not automatically use the RichEdit Control 'riched20' installed by Microsoft Office 2003/2007/2010/2013/2016 (RichEdit v5.0+ requires native-only override)||NEW||View|
|19534||Office 2007 menu button loses focus||NEW||View|
|23108||Excel & Powerpoint 2003/2007: can't switch between open documents from taskbar, misplaced taskbar icon||NEW||View|
|23805||Word / Excel 2007: issues with maximalized/windowed switching on dual monitor||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|29255||Microsoft Office 2003, 2007 & 2010 applications do not print OTF||NEW||View|
|30587||Office 2007/2010 apps (Word, Powerpoint) cannot be maximized after being unmaximized by window manager||NEW||View|
|37383||Office 2007/2010 - Submenus invisible on GNOME 3.14||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|38680||Cannot open http links with native Firefox on PowerPoint 2007 & 2010||NEW||View|
Follow the directions in the Microsoft Office (installer only) entry to install.
Workarounds for bugs 23805 and 30587:
Solution 1: Run in an emulated virtual desktop. This is probably the easiest solution for most users.
Solution 2: Uncheck "Allow the window manager to control the windows" in winecfg. The downside is that Powerpoint will no longer show up in the taskbar.
Solution 3: (KDE users only) In System Settings, Window Behavior, do the following: