- MSI installer from swwi folder of DVD.
- Installer complains about regsrv32 somewhere when installer is publishing application information but completes.
- Software runs and can open model and can be somewhat used.
- Network licensing works
Needs winetricks: dotnet20, ie6, vcrun2005, gdiplus, msxml6 for installation and use.
What does not
- File operations tells everytime "An unsupported operation was attempted" few times but works after some clicking to file menu.
- If filenames contains scandic letters like "Ã„" or "Ã–" those are converted to cubes and solidwors does not regognize files automatically. You have to show files manually when opening for example assembly that contains components named like that.
What was not tested
Did not get OpenGL to work, and without it graphics are really messy. Sketching or other modelling is not easy because you can not see what you are doing.
wine built from git:\\source.winhq.org with 32-bit Ubuntu Lucid. Tried also build 32-bit wine with Ubuntu lucid 64-bit but then SolidWorks was not usable. Installs Ok but does not run.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Linux Mint 20.1||May 19 2021||6.8||Yes||Yes||No||Silver||jpl|
|Show||Linux Mint 18 "Sarah" x86_64||Mar 05 2017||2.2||Yes||Yes||Gold||jpl|
|Show||Linux Mint 18 "Sarah" x86_64||Jan 15 2017||2.0-rc4||Yes||Yes||Gold||jpl|
|Current||Ubuntu 10.04 "Lucid" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jan 14 2010||1.1.36||Yes||Yes||Bronze||sniveri|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jan 13 2009||1.1.10||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|