Adding buttons, text.
The installer (After a whole load of tinkering with libraries and settings)
What does not
Nothing. Everything seems to work flawlessly other than the installer which required a bit of messing around with libraries and other things.
What was not tested
ActiveX, a lot of functions, everything other than "Standard Project"
Getting the installer to work properly takes a lot of work, but once you get it right, it will install and run fine.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Rating||Submitter|
|Current||Fedora 13||Oct 26 2010||1.3.4||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Mar 25 2010||1.1.41||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux 6.x "Squeeze"||Apr 24 2010||1.1.38||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.04 "Jaunty" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Aug 07 2009||1.1.26||N/A||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Fedora 8||Mar 30 2009||1.1.18||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|12789||vb6 with sheridan datawidgets, grids are drawn off the window||NEW||View|
|19751||VB6 format function||NEW||View|
|20732||Icons are not rendered 100% correctly in VB6 apps||NEW||View|
|23726||Microsoft visual Basic 6.0: Crashes when adding certain characters to a programming statement||NEW||View|
|24914||Unable to resize form in visual basic 6 enterprise||NEW||View|
|26653||Multiple VB6 applications need oleaut32 VarRound to support VT_DECIMAL||NEW||View|
|30699||wine printing: barcode is not printed from VB6 application||NEW||View|
|33037||Visual Studio 6 can't be installed with WinVer >= Win2K (missing HKEY_PERFORMANCE_DATA 230, process object)||STAGED||View|
|33058||Visual Basic 6 crashes when object browser is clicked||NEW||View|
|33069||Visual Basic 6 can't load any component||NEW||View|
|33239||VisualBasic arrays of User Defined Type (UDTs) with strings||UNCONFIRMED||View|
2015-4-20 Admin note: this howto is very old. It has been confirmed by users to work for Wine 1.4.1, but may not be relevant to current Wine.
1) add the wine repository to you ubuntu.
- On System>Administration>SoftwareOrigins
- Click on "OtherSoftware" Tab and click on add button.
- Paste ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa on the textbox and click on AddSource.
- If an error is thrown, don't care about.
2) Install MDAC 2.8 and dcom98 from winetricks (http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks)
3) Go to wine configuration>library TAB and make sure this dll are added.
- hhcrtl.ocx (este tienen que tieparlo, no aparece en la lista)
4) Put ole32 and rpcrt4 to (buitin, native)
5) Set the Windows emulation to Windows ME
6) Install VB6 and don't care about the java installation error message you will receive.