2015-4-20 Admin note: this howto is very old. It has been confirmed by users to work for Wine 1.4.1, but may not be relevant to current Wine.
By waraltca. march 25/2010
1) add the wine repository to you ubuntu.
- On System>Administration>SoftwareOrigins
- Click on "OtherSoftware" Tab and click on add button.
- Paste ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa on the textbox and click on AddSource.
- If an error is thrown, don't care about.
2) Install MDAC 2.8 and dcom98 from winetricks (http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks)
3) Go to wine configuration>library TAB and make sure this dll are added.
- hhcrtl.ocx (este tienen que tieparlo, no aparece en la lista)
4) Put ole32 and rpcrt4 to (buitin, native)
5) Set the Windows emulation to Windows ME
6) Install VB6 and don't care about the java installation error message you will receive.