What does not
nothing as far as i can tell.
What was not tested
nothing as far as i can tell.
Installation is tricky you have to search the install for all .dll's and copy them to wine system32 & run in win me version for install. Install visual basic runtimes & service packs. oleaut32 must be overridden to native, builtin for proper operations. I personaly also needed to use vb6cli.exe from microsoft to fix winsock & copyed all ocx's from installer to vb6 template/projects folder. After install you should have made a app setting in wineconfig for vb6 for the dll override you may also set it to run as winxp. Also you will need to install mono for wine with winetricks to fix issues with reading .frx files. winedoors and winetricks are very handy tools to speed up getting this running. You may or may not be able to do the full install from the setup.exe you may have to use acmboot.exe but it will install if you get any strange errors wile installing you may need to install mdac or dcom keeping in mind that MSDN doesn't install, this is normal.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Fedora 13||Oct 26 2010||1.3.4||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Mar 25 2010||1.1.41||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux 6.x "Squeeze"||Apr 24 2010||1.1.38||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.04 "Jaunty" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Aug 07 2009||1.1.26||N/A||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Fedora 8||Mar 30 2009||1.1.18||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|12789||vb6 with sheridan datawidgets, grids are drawn off the window||NEW||View|
|19751||VB6 format function||NEW||View|
|20732||Icons are not rendered 100% correctly in VB6 apps||NEW||View|
|23726||Microsoft visual Basic 6.0: Crashes when adding certain characters to a programming statement||NEW||View|
|24914||Unable to resize form in visual basic 6 enterprise||NEW||View|
|30699||wine printing: barcode is not printed from VB6 application||NEW||View|
|33058||Visual Basic 6 crashes when object browser is clicked||NEW||View|
|33069||Visual Basic 6 can't load any component||NEW||View|
|33239||VisualBasic arrays of User Defined Type (UDTs) with strings||NEEDINFO||View|
2015-4-20 Admin note: this howto is very old. It has been confirmed by users to work for Wine 1.4.1, but may not be relevant to current Wine.
1) add the wine repository to you ubuntu.
- On System>Administration>SoftwareOrigins
- Click on "OtherSoftware" Tab and click on add button.
- Paste ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa on the textbox and click on AddSource.
- If an error is thrown, don't care about.
2) Install MDAC 2.8 and dcom98 from winetricks (http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks)
3) Go to wine configuration>library TAB and make sure this dll are added.
- hhcrtl.ocx (este tienen que tieparlo, no aparece en la lista)
4) Put ole32 and rpcrt4 to (buitin, native)
5) Set the Windows emulation to Windows ME
6) Install VB6 and don't care about the java installation error message you will receive.