Cannot test because application crashed at load process.
What does not
Altium Designer crashed during load process with
I followed instructions for previous versions.
1. Created separate prefix for Altium.
2. Downloaded winetricks and installed packages: dcom98, fakeie6, mdac28, corefonts, tahoma, cc580.
3. Configured wine to use odbc* dlls as native.
As result app crashed during load. I saw splash screen, saw progress of loading modules and UI elements creation. But after I saw "Starting RTOS" progress message on splash, all disappeared and I got an error: "EOleException in module dxp.exe at 004398CE. I/O Error 103". It followed by runtime error in dxp.exe and a bunch of "Runtime error 216".
I tried to use native ole32.dll and oleaut32.dll but this didn't help.
Some additional info:
1. With debug +loaddll I saw that error occured after loading Altium DLL FileSystem_Native.dll
2. In error log with +all I saw errors:
trace:resource:LoadStringA returning "Application Error" - this caused access violation.
Call KERNEL32.WideCharToMultiByte(000004e3,00000000,09ea183c L"I/O error 103"
What was not tested
All. Because cannot start app.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Gentoo Linux x86_64||Oct 13 2008||1.1.4||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|