|Latest Wine Version Tested:||5.16-staging|
Maintainers: About Maintainership
No maintainers. Volunteer today!
- Installation (in Win95 compatibility mode)
- Starting the game (menu's, picking a character, etc.)
- in-game sound effects and smack video seems to work
What does not
- Intro movie does not play
- Playing the game: both software and hardware rendering mode refuse to work properly. The game runs in 320x240 mode, which requires Xephyr. Even with a virtual desktop and compatibility mode, the game crashes after just starting a new race.
- No network connection could be established
What was not tested
- Joystick support was not tested (I don't have a midi port anymore)
Regardless of the game crashing, it would be unpleasant to play this game on a modern computer in a 320 by 240 window. The only easy way to scale wine applications at the moment of writing is to use VNC.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Manjaro Linux 20.1||Sep 22 2020||5.16-staging||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||Bob Niemöller|
|Show||Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa||Nov 02 2019||4.0.2||Yes||Yes||No||Silver||bringItUpX|
|Current||Debian GNU/Linux 8.x "Jessie" x86_64||Aug 19 2014||1.6.2||Yes||No||Garbage||Bill Carson|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Oct 29 2009||1.1.32||Yes||Yes||Garbage||David Rogers|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.04 "Jaunty" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Oct 15 2009||1.1.31||Yes||Yes||Bronze||David Rogers|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
Use Xephyr to emulate a display with the required resolution.
Use xrandr to identify the desired display output and if the minimum supported resolution is lower than 320x240, then do:
xrandr --newmode "320x240_120.10" 12.39 320 328 360 400 240 241 244 258 -HSync +Vsync xrandr --addmode 320x240_120.10
Comments for this application have been disabled because there are no maintainers.