The System tray icon, and the options window.
What does not
It says the girl is performing but you cannot see her on the screen. Even when emulating a virtual desktop there is still nothing.
What was not tested
Installer, and purchasing shows.
Even though the program itself may run almost flawlessly, it gets a garbage rating because the girls do not show up on the screen.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Apr 22 2010||1.1.42||No, but has workaround||Yes||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Nov 22 2008||1.1.9||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Nov 09 2008||1.1.8||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
The Process is simple but can take a while depending on your internet connection.
1. Install the latest version of wine from Wine HQ (if you run Ubuntu add the software repo to your sources list)
2. Install Wine-Doors.
3. Using Wine Doors install IE6, WMP9, VB runtime libraries 5 & 6, all fonts, Direct X (for screen saver mode), and Firefox 2 (for purchacing shows, IE6 won't run but you still need it for the base program itself.)
4. Download and install VirtuaGirlHD
Everything should run smoothly from there as long as you installed Wine 1.1.8 or higher.
* Purchacing "full Shows" works as of this posting using Firefox 2 under Wine.
* Screen saver mode may or may not work for everyone (no they wont work as the default system screen saver)
* Wine renders the girls a bit different in comarison to Windows (rendered above the Panel not on the panel....)
* Girls will only be rendered on one desktop.
* If you want the Program to start when your session starts like in Windows, go to System-Preferences-Sessions in the Gnome Desktop Environment and Under Startup Programs click add and insert this line in "Command": env WINEPREFIX="/home/"User"/.wine" wine "C:\Program Files\vghd\vghd.exe"
***where I placed "User" is where your user name should go.
* If your an actual subscriber, Just be happy that it works and its one less thing nailing you down to Windows. The only difference is there is no Taskbar to sit on.... LOL