Installation. (Requires OpenGl hardware Ok registry tweak detailed elsewhere.)
Most conventional 3D CAD operations.
What does not
2D file export produces blank (transparent) or all black files.
(This appears to be a regression since Wine 1.5.4 where the earlier issue was fixed. Current Wine stable (1.6.2) and development (1.7.30) both show the issue.)
Reported as a bug.
Because graphic file output is an essential function for a CAD drawing and Illustration tool like the free version of SketchUp 7, I am rating it as Bronze at this time with current versions of Wine.
(I would rate the program as Gold under older Wine 1.5.4.)
What was not tested
Sketchup 7 Pro features (free version tested), Extended capabilities like Google Earth/Maps
|Distribution||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Rating||Submitter|
|Current||Puppy Linux 5.x||Nov 17 2014||1.7.30||Yes||Yes||Bronze||Steve|
|Show||Ubuntu 12.04 "Precise" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jul 26 2012||1.4||Yes||Yes||Gold||Cristiano Orlando|
|Show||Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Dec 14 2010||1.3.7||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 10.04 "Lucid" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jul 16 2010||1.2-rc7||Yes||No||Garbage||Jose Luis Triana|
|Show||Ubuntu 10.04 "Lucid" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jun 13 2010||1.2-rc3||Yes||Yes||Silver||Benjamin|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|3548||.lnk file is created on the desktop together with the program icon...||NEW||View|
|17533||Google SketchUp 7/8 'Component Options' window empty (embedded browser control)||NEW||View|
|24285||Google SketchUp 8 'Share Model' shows empty 'Sign in' dialog window and opens external browser||NEW||View|
|25912||Google SketchUp 7/8 one mouse event behind with binary drivers from Nvidia||REOPENED||View|
|27395||Google SketchUp 8 crashes on startup with OpenGL hardware acceleration disabled ('HW_OK=0' setting in registry)||NEW||View|
|31193||Google Sketchup 8 Layout crashes on startup with Mono||NEW||View|
|34641||Google Sketchup 8 shows graphics artifacts with 'Nouveau' driver when dragging items||UNCONFIRMED||View|
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. WineHQ is not responsible for what they say.
- RE: How did you make the vray working? by Jose Luis Triana on Friday July 16th 2010, 13:42
- RE: white square cursor instead of transparent by sapsan on Wednesday June 9th 2010, 0:38
- RE: Sketchup 7.1 on wine 1.2 by Bram Avontuur on Wednesday November 11th 2009, 11:19
- RE: SketchUp Crashes on Load by Dan Kegel on Saturday May 23rd 2009, 23:37
- RE: Can't enter values from keyboard by Joshua Layne on Wednesday February 4th 2009, 18:00
- RE: This Operating System is not supported. by Marko Niiranen on Wednesday December 17th 2008, 19:11
- RE: This Operating System is not supported. by davide cerrato on Saturday December 27th 2008, 15:36
- RE: This Operating System is not supported. by Dan Kegel on Thursday January 1st 2009, 4:02