What does not
What was not tested
Multiplayer since I was too afraid because of crack
It does not really make fun to play because you cannot see who is friend and who is enemy due to flickering textures and name tags
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Arch Linux||Jun 01 2009||1.1.22||Yes||Yes||Silver||Fred Monkey|
|Current||Ubuntu 9.04 "Jaunty" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||May 15 2009||1.1.21||Yes||Yes||Bronze||S.P.|
|Show||Arch Linux||Jan 05 2009||1.1.12||Yes||Yes||Silver||Fred Monkey|
1. Mount your Crashday CD and install the game from a terminal:
(replace /media/crashday with the path where you mounted the CD)
- Oh and you might want to turn wine sound output off before (with
winecfg), because there's loud music playing during the setup.
When the installation dialog says finished, terminate it with CTRL+C in the terminal.
2. Patch the game to 1.1 (links are at the description above)
3. Start the game (maybe in a new x server?) with:
# WINEDEBUG=-all wine Crashday.exe -skipvideo
(skipvideo because intro videos don't work anyway and it therefore saves a few seconds)
4. If you want to join a multiplayer game, you have to open up network.cfg in the installation path (eg ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Atari/Crashday ) and change the masterserverip line to:
If you don't do that, the game will crash (yep, thats bad code by the game devs).