Tested with Garmin GPSMap60CSX.
- installation works but it was required to install the Microsoft Corefonts with winetricks.
- runs after installing GDIPLUS with winetricks
- loading maps.
- selecting maps areas which should be transfered to GPS device
- transferring maps to the GPS device
- searching for locations
- searching for GPS devices
- reading the device ID from GPS device
- zooming in and out in maps
- setting different detail levels
- measuring distances and areas
- showing the environment of GPS coordinates with google maps
- checking of updates for MapSource
What does not
- Nothing known at this time
What was not tested
Anything not listed above
Things required: Symlink for usb->com1 ln -s /dev/ttyUSB0 ~/.wine/dosdevices/com1 Winetricks corefonts gdiplus
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Sep 09 2010||1.3.2||Yes||Yes||Gold||Felipe Cota|
|Show||Fedora 13 x86_64||Jul 31 2010||1.2||Yes||Yes||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Mar 15 2010||1.1.40||Yes||Yes||Gold||Ted Garrison|
|Show||Fedora 12 x86_64||Mar 25 2010||1.1.38||N/A||Yes||Silver||pcfe|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Feb 09 2010||1.1.38||Yes||Yes||Gold||Ted Garrison|
This will be added to as needed. Let me know if you have any info that should be in here.
To get 6.15.11 to work in Unbuntu 9.10:
1) Make sure your Wine is up-to-date (1.1.40 is latest known to work)
2) Get Winetricks
3) Run Winetricks
sh winetricks vcrun2005
4) If you've had a version of MapSource running previously and had to install gdiplus, you now need to disable it.
Open winecfg, go to the libraries tab, select gdiplus and remove.
5) Run the MapSource 6.15.11 installer.
6) Edit /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf and add a # to comment out the following line:
so that it appears like this:
7) Load the garmin_gps module: modprobe garmin_gps
8) Create a symlink so that Mapsource can find your gps:
ln -s /dev/ttyUSB0 ./.wine/dosdevices/com1
9) Run MapSource and enjoy.