The installation of Garmin MapSource 6.15.6 works without any errors. Corefonts and gdiplus are installed.
What does not
The application crashed after the MapSource logo appeared on the screen.
What was not tested
MapSource 6.15.6 does not start...
I am using the 'Windows XP' setting with gdiplus(Native). I checked several versions of the gdiplus.dll. Why does it work at some other people ?
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Sep 09 2010||1.3.2||Yes||Yes||Gold||Felipe Cota|
|Show||Fedora 13 x86_64||Jul 31 2010||1.2||Yes||Yes||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Mar 15 2010||1.1.40||Yes||Yes||Gold||Ted Garrison|
|Show||Fedora 12 x86_64||Mar 25 2010||1.1.38||N/A||Yes||Silver||pcfe|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Feb 09 2010||1.1.38||Yes||Yes||Gold||Ted Garrison|
This will be added to as needed. Let me know if you have any info that should be in here.
To get 6.15.11 to work in Unbuntu 9.10:
1) Make sure your Wine is up-to-date (1.1.40 is latest known to work)
2) Get Winetricks
3) Run Winetricks
sh winetricks vcrun2005
4) If you've had a version of MapSource running previously and had to install gdiplus, you now need to disable it.
Open winecfg, go to the libraries tab, select gdiplus and remove.
5) Run the MapSource 6.15.11 installer.
6) Edit /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf and add a # to comment out the following line:
so that it appears like this:
7) Load the garmin_gps module: modprobe garmin_gps
8) Create a symlink so that Mapsource can find your gps:
ln -s /dev/ttyUSB0 ./.wine/dosdevices/com1
9) Run MapSource and enjoy.