Vae Victis depicts the golden age of the Roman Republic where everything gets decided via the Senate Not only does the Senate assign the player more or less difficult tasks, it can also block diplomatic actions outright depending on the current power of the five political parties.
Monarchies will get a council consisting of nine characters. The Council does not have the power of the Senate, but the councillors can cause trouble if the line of succession is not to their taste.
- applaying patches
- mods- game itself (no bugs so far)
What does not
- sound (I had to switch sound driver to OSS to launch the game which results in no sound in game for me, without that game crashes during loading sounds)
What was not tested
Game runs fine after some workarounds, see "how to" for more details
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 10.04 "Lucid" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Sep 18 2010||1.3.2||Yes||Yes||Gold||Gweltas|
|Show||Mandriva 2010.0||Dec 29 2009||1.1.32||Yes||Yes||Gold||Tomas Kindl|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jul 05 2009||1.1.25||Yes||Yes||Gold||RadosÅ‚aw Ciechowski|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Mar 28 2009||1.1.17||N/A||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Current||Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Feb 05 2009||1.1.14||Yes||Yes||Gold||RadosÅ‚aw Ciechowski|
To run the game, you should:
- copy d3dx9_36.dll to windows/system32 in you wine directory
- turn off sound drivers in winecfg (which results in no sound in game, but without it game crashes when loading sound)
- use this registry keys:
[Software\\Wine\\Direct3D] "DirectDrawRenderer"="opengl" "OffscreenRenderingMode"="fbo" "VideoMemorySize"="896"
Change VideoMemorySize to your amount of ram on your video card.
- install MS Visual C++ 2005 SP1 libaries with winetricks (sh winetricks vcrun2005sp1)