|License:||Free to use|
|Latest Wine Version Tested:||1.9.16|
Maintainers: About Maintainership
No maintainers. Volunteer today!
All functionality works, including reader detection, but with nook device configured with trailing / in the name, and type floppy.
What does not
Did not find any problems.
What was not tested
Tested only basic operation-- download & transfer to nook.
Requires device to nook configured as type floppy with trailing /, e.g. "/media/NOOK/".
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 16.04 "Xenial" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Aug 07 2016||1.9.16||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Isira Seneviratne|
|Current||Ubuntu 12.04 "Precise" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jun 20 2012||1.4.1||Yes||Yes||Gold||Carl Hage|
|Show||Linux Mint 12 "Lisa" x86_64||Apr 12 2012||1.5.1||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Show||Linux Mint 12 "Lisa" x86_64||Apr 10 2012||1.4||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 10.04 "Lucid" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Sep 26 2011||1.3.28||Yes||Yes||Platinum||lafon|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
Note: The writer of this how-to (lafon) is recreating the steps outlined by Lukasz with a KOBO eReader. However the steps should be the same for all similar devices.
Note: Do NOT open ADE until clearly outlined in this how-to!
1) Mount your device and make note of it's mount point (This needs to be remembered exactly). For me this was /media/KOBOeReader/
2) The next step is to unmount your eReader (This is because winecfg cannot seem to keep the changes applied if the device is mounted).
3) Next open winecfg and switch to the [Drives] tab.
4) On the [Drives] tab click the "Show Advanced" button.
Note: As outlined in the comment by Kevin, WINE does not seem to have persistent drive mapping while the device is mounted. Therefore you have 2 options. Either the messy way, which is to keep the winecfg window open while ADE runs, or unmount and create a persistent entry.
5) Click the "Add" button.
6) Choose a letter to map your device to (I used "O:" because that was the only letter available to me.)
7) In the "Path" box, type the mount point from step 1.
8) In the "Type" drop-down menu, choose "Floppy disk" as the option.
9) Click "OK".
10) Open ADE. If everything went correctly ADE should ask you to authorize your eReader with your Adobe account (if you authorized your computer anonymously you will be asked to authorize your computer too). To read eBooks on your device simply drag-and-drop books from your ADE library to the entry in the left pane of ADE that corresponds with your eReader.
11) Finally remember to safely dismount your device from your computer.
So far there have been (to the knowledge of the writer of this note) 3 instances of ADE 1.7(.2?) refusing to install in WINE 1.2.x with the installer exiting with the error: "Unable to elevate to administrative rights, error 1".
The only known solution (so far) is to upgrade to WINE 1.3.x and retry.
Comments for this application have been disabled because there are no maintainers.