Install (with workarounds). Menus (with possible workaround). Character select. Setting options.
What does not
All of gameplay. "Has encountered a serious error and needs to close" immediately after your character spawns in for the first time.
What was not tested
Radeon HD 4850, Catalyst 9.8. Virtual desktop (1440x900).
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux 6.x "Squeeze"||May 06 2011||1.3.19||Yes||Yes||Garbage||Daniel Skorka|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Dec 14 2010||1.3.9||No, but has workaround||Yes||Bronze||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Apr 01 2010||1.1.41||Yes||Yes||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||Fedora 12||Mar 07 2010||1.1.40||Yes||Yes||Garbage||BÃ©la GyebrÃ³szki|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux 6.x "Squeeze" x86_64||Dec 25 2009||1.1.32||No||Not installable||Garbage||Simon W.|
1) configure wine to use a 1024x768 virtual desktop and set the version to windows XP
3) go to the beta site and donwloadthe game
4) if there are graphic bugs (blocky shadows) launch regedit and add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\AppDefaults\BFHeroes.exe\Direct3D and then make a new string and call it OffscreenRenderingMode then set its value to fbo
5) if the game crashes at the charater selction then delet the battflield heroes folder from the home directroy
6) have fun playing the game