The plugin and character setup works with firefox 3.5. The installation fails with a page fault.
What does not
What was not tested
I did not try any workarounds. Tested in a fresh and clean wine environment.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux 6.x "Squeeze"||May 06 2011||1.3.19||Yes||Yes||Garbage||Daniel Skorka|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Dec 14 2010||1.3.9||No, but has workaround||Yes||Bronze||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Apr 01 2010||1.1.41||Yes||Yes||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||Fedora 12||Mar 07 2010||1.1.40||Yes||Yes||Garbage||BÃ©la GyebrÃ³szki|
|Current||Debian GNU/Linux 6.x "Squeeze" x86_64||Dec 25 2009||1.1.32||No||Not installable||Garbage||Simon W.|
1) configure wine to use a 1024x768 virtual desktop and set the version to windows XP
3) go to the beta site and donwloadthe game
4) if there are graphic bugs (blocky shadows) launch regedit and add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\AppDefaults\BFHeroes.exe\Direct3D and then make a new string and call it OffscreenRenderingMode then set its value to fbo
5) if the game crashes at the charater selction then delet the battflield heroes folder from the home directroy
6) have fun playing the game