What does not
Nothing as far as I saw
What was not tested
Game from start to finish
Launching it without emulated desktop causes a bug where the game launches as minimized after splash screen, but steals mouse/keyboard focus, rendering you unable to play (since you can't see) or quit (since you can't interact with what you can see). If you emulate virtual desktop, you can alt-tab freely, thus circumventing the problem. Oh, this works with a clean prefix - none of the howtos below are relevant any longer.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Gentoo Linux x86_64||Jul 07 2013||1.6-rc4||Yes||Yes||Bronze||an anonymous user|
|Show||Linux Mint Debian||Dec 05 2012||1.5.18||Yes||Yes||Gold||Kojirou Sugihara|
|Current||Linux Mint Debian||Jun 09 2012||1.5.6||Yes||Yes||Gold||Kojirou Sugihara|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||May 12 2011||1.3.19||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Jari Vetoniemi|
|Show||FreeBSD 8.1||Jan 17 2011||1.3.11||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
* 1) Type regedit in terminal
* 2) Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Direct3D (if Direct3D does not exist create it)
* 3) Add following String values
o Multisampling = Enabled
o OffscreenRenderingMode = fbo (does not work with others atm)
o RenderTargetLockMode = readtex (or textex, readtex is recommended)
o UseGLSL = enabled
o Without readtex(textex) your game will freeze after splash screen.
You also need dotnet20 and vcrun2005. They can be installed trough Winetricks. If you get problems with MSVCRxx.dll files, dont add any native MSVCR file to Wine folder. It will broke your WINEPREFIX. To solve this issue add native MSVCPxx.dll file instead.
* 4) Wine wont handle Last Remnant resolution correctly so you should emulate desktop. If you set display settings to 640x320 then you can run without emulation.. But kinda akward play that small.
* If you get crash on various resolutions set HKCU\Software\Wine\Direct3D\VideoMemorySize = (eg. 256, 512) at registry.