Playing the game
What does not
What was not tested
Completing the game
Assuming that the previous reporters were accurate in their reports that they completed the game successfully, this is either a major wine regression or a series of new nvidia driver bugs (325.08). None of the crashes seem to produce any error messages or suspicious output in wine, even when running with +relay.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Gentoo Linux x86_64||Jul 07 2013||1.6-rc4||Yes||Yes||Bronze||an anonymous user|
|Show||Linux Mint Debian||Dec 05 2012||1.5.18||Yes||Yes||Gold||Kojirou Sugihara|
|Show||Linux Mint Debian||Jun 09 2012||1.5.6||Yes||Yes||Gold||Kojirou Sugihara|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||May 12 2011||1.3.19||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Jari Vetoniemi|
|Show||FreeBSD 8.1||Jan 17 2011||1.3.11||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
* 1) Type regedit in terminal
* 2) Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Direct3D (if Direct3D does not exist create it)
* 3) Add following String values
o Multisampling = Enabled
o OffscreenRenderingMode = fbo (does not work with others atm)
o RenderTargetLockMode = readtex (or textex, readtex is recommended)
o UseGLSL = enabled
o Without readtex(textex) your game will freeze after splash screen.
You also need dotnet20 and vcrun2005. They can be installed trough Winetricks. If you get problems with MSVCRxx.dll files, dont add any native MSVCR file to Wine folder. It will broke your WINEPREFIX. To solve this issue add native MSVCPxx.dll file instead.
* 4) Wine wont handle Last Remnant resolution correctly so you should emulate desktop. If you set display settings to 640x320 then you can run without emulation.. But kinda akward play that small.
* If you get crash on various resolutions set HKCU\Software\Wine\Direct3D\VideoMemorySize = (eg. 256, 512) at registry.