- Menu - Getting in game - Playing one level of a tournament or a skermish
What does not
- Playing more then one game (crashes on returning to menu)
What was not tested
- Online stuff
Will need to install DirectX with winetrick to get it to work.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Mac OS X 10.7 "Lion"||Jan 15 2012||1.3.37||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.04 "Jaunty" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Sep 19 2010||1.3.2||Yes||No||Garbage||emkay|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux 6.x "Squeeze" x86_64||Jan 13 2010||1.1.36||Yes||Yes||Gold||blablabloblo|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.04 "Jaunty" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jun 29 2009||1.1.24||Yes||Yes||Silver||freaky-m0|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jun 17 2009||1.1.23||Yes||Yes||Gold||Xpander|
Using FBO as the ORM crashes with fglrx drivers
This is not a Wine bug, it is a fglrx bug. Please do not open a bug for this, it will just be closed.
See the fglrx bug for more details, or check the HOWTO for this app for a workaround.
To get the game working, all you need to do is open up regedit and change a few keys, else you might get "\DeviceD3D9.cpp(1032) Invalid call" when trying to launch it.
1) Type in 'wine regedit' in a graphical terminal
2) In the newly opened regedit, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Wine -> Direct3D. If any of those mentioned do not exist yet, just create all missing keys.
3) In Direct3D, create these String Values: "OffscreenRenderingMode" with value "fbo", "UseGLSL" with value "enabled" and finally "VideoMemorySize" with value "128" depending on your graphic's card memory. If your graphics card has 256 MB memory or more, enter the appropriate value.
4) That's it, Demigod should now run beatifully :)
Sometimes when a new sound event occurs, the game might pause for a few seconds but it will continue normally afterwards. This only happens once per round and has not crashed the game for me so far, even though it does seem like the process has crashed, it has not.
You can try working around it by launching Demigod with: wine demigod.exe /nosound