Everything (Played several hours of normal gameplay, all expansions loaded in and seemed to be working fine).
Modding also works.
What does not
What was not tested
As Duff said in his prior test, you need to set winetricks up with vcrun2005, dotnet20sp2, and mfc42 or the game won't launch.
|Distribution||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Rating||Submitter|
|Current||Ubuntu 16.10 "Yakkety" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Dec 23 2016||2.0-rc2||Yes||Yes||Gold||Matthew|
|Show||Fedora 23 x86_64||Jan 10 2016||1.9.0||Yes||Yes||Gold||Duff|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Nov 24 2015||1.7.54||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Fedora 21 x86_64||Sep 11 2015||1.7.50||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 15.04 "Vivid" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Aug 06 2015||1.7.48||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|18879||The Sims 3: Textures go Black and sometimes Abnormal patterns.||NEW||View|
|22160||The Sims 3: Sims3Launcher.exe doesn't show web site when started second time||NEW||View|
|23807||Unsupported texture formats: DF16, DF24, RAWZ: format unrecognized(909198916)||NEW||View|
|30988||Ragnarok download manager, when invoking wine-mono, needs gluezilla||NEW||View|
|33261||Sims 3 pause key (`) doesn't work with Spanish keyboard||UNCONFIRMED||View|
To use the launcher you need to install dotnet20 via winetricks!
Receiving the following?
fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly
err:module:attach_process_dlls "MSVCR80.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for
L"\\Program Files\\The Sims 3\\Game\\Bin\\TS3.exe" failed, status c0000142
Fix by installing vcrun2005sp1 with "winetricks vcrun2005sp1"
If you have nvidia card and are having brightness issues, after entering the game, use the command 'nvidia-settings -l' (in terminal) or just launch the nvidia panel to solve the brightness problem. If the problem appears again, just repeat the command.
For ATI on Ubuntu 10.04 x64 the following works fine; Go to System->Control Center->ATI Catalyst Control Center->Color and click the Default button. The colors now change back to normal.
Bug 18991 (crash loading a town) fix:
env WINEPREFIX="~/.wine" TZ="America/Bahia" wine "TS3.exe"
Note: It might be best to change America/Bahia to your own TimeZone
Note that Greg Noe was able to download content (at least the Rivertown) by launching the Launcher from within the game, killing the TS3.exe process (launcher won't let you download while the game is running), and then just downloading like usual.
Here are the patch links: (if you have any more, feel free to post them)PLEASE VIEW HERE FOR MORE PATCHES: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/175477.page
Sending test reports, checking the bugs and posting into the threads helps us all.
If you have issues with the game, ask help. It's important to get those bugs closed which aren't up to date anymore.
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. WineHQ is not responsible for what they say.
- RE: Didn't find the disk even though it's there! by alinuxn00b on Sunday January 1st 2017, 21:05
- RE: Sims 3: Cannot connect to EA server to activate by nieke on Friday April 22nd 2016, 11:01
- RE: Sims 3: Cannot connect to EA server to activate by Claudia Carvalho on Thursday April 28th 2016, 15:47
- RE: Sims 3: Cannot connect to EA server to activate by alinuxn00b on Sunday January 1st 2017, 21:11
- RE: Sims 3 by David Harris on Tuesday April 12th 2016, 21:42
- RE: Installing without disc by Jarkko Korpi on Thursday August 6th 2015, 2:50
- RE: No Disc + Read-Only Issues by Justin Giroux on Monday August 4th 2014, 18:44
- RE: Possible fix for crashes and freezes by Robert Wm Ruedisueli on Thursday May 15th 2014, 6:36
- RE: Latest sims update breaks sims? by Metastopheles on Wednesday June 26th 2013, 5:57
- RE: Errors After Installing by Pedro Jose Piquero Plaza on Saturday November 16th 2013, 5:50
- RE: Raw input broke the pause key by David on Saturday March 23rd 2013, 12:45
- RE: Sims 3 Pets - the infamous by Matt on Monday August 4th 2014, 4:40
- RE: Sims 3 Crash when clicking by Zootal on Saturday January 26th 2013, 16:07
- RE: Wine not opening TS3 properly? by embun on Friday November 30th 2012, 10:37
- RE: Graphic problem by Samuel William on Saturday August 25th 2012, 18:30
- RE: screen with no text by Samuel William on Thursday August 23rd 2012, 23:59
- RE: program error by Grace on Monday September 24th 2012, 23:44
- RE: Created thumbnails are gray, old ones are in color by John on Tuesday December 18th 2012, 13:37