1. Set up a new wineprefix, installed AltiumDesigner Winter09 build 220.127.116.1195 from DVD. Installer works.
2. Used winetricks mdac25 to get it to launch and run.
3. Installed service packs to update to build 18.104.22.16876. All good.
4. I could create new pcb and schematic files, and open an existing design workspace. I tested basic editing in the schematic and pcb files, and update from schematic-->pcb. BOM and Gerber generation work, although its hard to tell if the gerbers are ok as CAMTASTIC is borked.
5. In DXP preferences, I turned off FPGA Live option. Also, turned off PCB alpha blending otherwise components become invisible while moving or rotating them.
What does not
a. Knowledge centre, wiki. Probably all online functions.
b. Most scroll boxes don't work (see bugzilla report 17970) with the mouse, but items can be selected with arrow keys.
The error message is "Cannot focus a disabled or invisible window at #######".
c. CAMTASTIC does not display pads properly, and has other extraneous junk fragments displayed. When multiple layers are selected, only the topmost layer displays (and incorrectly).
What was not tested
Auto-router, SPICE simulator, embedded/fpga development.
Requires winetricks mdac25 (or similar). Also, fontsmooth-rgb seems to improve things. The program is usable, with a few quirks. One bugfix (see above) would make it silver/gold.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Mar 06 2010||1.1.39||Yes||Yes||Bronze||an anonymous user|
|Show||Gentoo Linux x86_64||Aug 15 2009||1.1.27||N/A||Yes||Bronze||an anonymous user|