- The installation works fine
- The game runs fine in fullscreen mode
- Sound works, graphics are acceptable (all at highest settings), joystick works, etc.
What does not
- When entering the control config menu, the error "The device you chosen is not configured properly" (sic.) pops up. This does not seem to affect anything though.
- While running the game, a lot of warnings are generated by wine32:
- The sound effects are choppy at times
- Taurus's car has "funky" wheels (it seems to wobble all the time, which is annoying because it makes him go very slowly). This seems to be the biggest issue at the moment, and I have really no clue what could be causing it.
- I can't manage to get IP host/join multiplayer to work. Null modem multiplayer seems to work (don't forget to create a COM1 device and change permissions on your /dev/ttyS0). To be fair, there aren't many ANET servers out there anymore, and I don't recall ever having managed to connect to one of them, even on windows.
What was not tested
IPX and dial-up modem support (but who still uses those?)
- I run the game in "Windows 95" compatibility mode; this was the dominant Windows version at the time the game was released. - I applied the NoCD patch - The i76 map builder seems to work too
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Debian GNU/Linux 8.x "Jessie" x86_64||Aug 11 2014||1.6.2||Yes||Yes||Silver||Bill Carson|
|Show||Linux Mint 11 "Katya"||Aug 30 2011||1.3.27||Yes||Yes||Gold||costas|
|Show||Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Aug 06 2011||1.3.24||Yes||Yes||Bronze||cruiseoveride|
|Show||Ubuntu 10.04 "Lucid" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||May 06 2010||1.1.43||Yes||Yes||Silver||daniel|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Mar 15 2009||1.1.16||N/A||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|