Updated to version 18.104.22.168 by applying both the nr2003_update_en_1000_1201.exe and NR2003 1201 Fix.exe patches.
- Rendering on OpenGL works perfectly, and continues to be the optimal rendering choice.
- Rendering on DirectX is improved with no performance degradation, but visual glitches occasionally occur; these range from a missing black background from the GUI drop-down menu options, to a visual glitch during a race which appeared for about 3 seconds as a big X-shaped division in the screen with different shader values for each quadrant.
- Installation, patching, NoCD patch installation all went flawlessly
- Opponent manager
- AI Singleplayer races
- Configuring options
- Logitech F310 controller works plug and play
- Logitech Driving Force GT works plug and play with force feedback, but degree of rotation is locked to 180 and must be set externally somehow
- Series mods (Team Om3ga's cup2000 used for testing)
- Sound mods (Petty's V8 used for testing)
- Track mods (Daytona_1999 used for testing)
- Configuring .ini files
What does not
What was not tested
- A full race was not attempted
- A full season was not attempted or completed
- Multiplayer was not tested, but it would require the same effort as Windows to get working
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||macOS 13 "Ventura"||May 11 2023||8.0||Yes||Yes||No||Silver||Will England|
|Current||Fedora 37 x86_64||Nov 28 2022||7.22-staging||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||Frank P|
|Show||Fedora 36 x86_64||Nov 08 2022||7.12||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||Frank P|
|Show||Ubuntu 16.04 "Xenial" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||May 04 2016||1.9.9||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 13.04 "Raring" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||May 14 2013||1.5.29||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|