Version 2.10 (2005) marks the first ZC release in a very long time.
Released on New Years Day, 2005, ZC 2.10 brings many of the features that Zelda Classic Fans have been hoping for, into reality.
There is a windows version.
|License:||Free to use and share|
|Latest Wine Version Tested:||1.2-rc5|
Maintainers: About Maintainership
- Playing the game; using basic items (sword, etc.) moving around the map.
- Saving the game, loading the game.
- Loading custom quests.
- Custom config settings (key capture, etc.). All of the app's necessary menus worked.
What does not
- Some of the native buttons don't have text. (E.g., hit "F6" to quit, and you're prompted --but the "Yes" and "No" text has disappeared.) These buttons still work, though.
- Couldn't get fullscreen to work.
What was not tested
- Didn't test ZQuest, the Quest editor.
- Didn't test music (but should work with timidity).
Zelda Classic is buggy even on Windows, but this Wine install at least seems consistent. - I couldn't get fullscreen to work on either Windows 7 or Wine, so I consider that a bug with the app itself (not wine). - On Wine, I had to run the app in windowed mode (add the -windowed flag to the app's command line, e.g., "wine zelda-w.exe -windowed") with the setting "Emulate a virtual desktop" checked. Looking into a way around this.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Ubuntu 10.04 "Lucid" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jun 29 2010||1.2-rc5||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Mandriva 2008||Oct 24 2009||1.0.1||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|