Automatic update, tunneling connections, tray icon, golden lock
The "golden lock" does not seem to make the GUI hang anymore.
What does not
Apart from that you need to install the Microsoft Visual C++Runtime (see the howto below), everything seems to work. GJ, wine team!
What was not tested
I've tested pretty much everything.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Arch Linux||Oct 30 2009||1.1.32||N/A||Yes||Gold||Fred Monkey|
|Show||Arch Linux||Oct 30 2009||1.1.27||N/A||No||Garbage||Fred Monkey|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Jul 19 2009||1.1.26||N/A||Yes||Gold||Fred Monkey|
1. Create a new wineprefix
2. Download Ultrasurf from Ultrareach.net
3. Extract the zip file, copy the .exe file to $WINEPREFIX/drive_c/ultrasurf.exe or something
5. Run Ultrasurf from within its prefix. At the first start, you are better off disabling the "golden lock" icon which is not really helpful anyway.
6. To do this, click "Option" a hundred times until a new gui comes up (you really need to click a few times, because while the lock is activated, the gui does not quite get all the clicks).
7. Click "Hide Golden Lock" as well as "Do not use IE" until the boxes are checked
8. Click "OK" until the gui disappears
9. Click "Exit" until the main gui is also gone
10. Restart Ultrasurf as in 5. and you are ready to go.