- playing the game (3 evenings until now, playthrough should be no problem)
- downloading the Ultimate edition's extra content/expansions INGAME! (dotnet20 needed!)
- modding (NPC, quest, location, texture, UI and blood mods) BOTH from Nexusmod via manual download AND from Origin's social page, i.e. as BOTH as "override" and as ".dazip" file through "daupdater"
What does not
- recognising 2nd DVD during install (has workaround, see below)
- lighting mods (Improved Atmosphere from Nexus as "override" simply does not work without causing any bugs or errors, might require meddling with dx9 libraries)
What was not tested
- DAO Modmanager (from Nexus), seems to require dotnet35 (did not want to fiddle further with my installation)
- 32bit wine prefix - CSMT enabled on staging tab - Ultimate Edition on 2 DVDs, in order to install had to use work around as 2nd DVD not recognised: - create ISOs from DVDs (easiest with K3b), e.g. "DragonAge_disc1.iso", "DragonAge_disc2.iso" - sudo-mounted "DragonAge_disc1.iso" as drive "mnt/DragonAge" and started installing - when 2nd DVD was required: sudo-mounted "DragonAge_disc2.iso" as drive "mnt/DragonAge" => worked just fine - in order to download extra content ingame and to avoid connection errors dotnet20 is required (gameplay may lag during download process) - DVD needs to be in drive / or .iso mounted in order to run My system: Intel i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz Ã— 4 16 GB RAM 4 GB Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux Unstable "Sid" x86_64||Jun 19 2021||5.0.4||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||Christian Weinz|
|Show||Ubuntu 18.04 "Bionic" amd64 (+variants like Kubuntu)||Jun 14 2018||3.10||Yes||Yes||No||Silver||Carlos Rodriguez|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Mar 30 2018||3.4||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||Linus Lind Lundgren|
|Current||Antergos x86_64||Apr 23 2017||2.5-staging||No, but has workaround||Yes||Gold||Cecco d'Ascoli|
|Show||Ubuntu 16.04 "Xenial" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Mar 24 2017||2.4-staging||Yes||Yes||Gold||Rafael Bernar|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|21564||Warning Forever / Dragon Age: Origins - ignores keyboard input after losing/regaining focus||NEW||View|
|26898||Dragon Age 1 & 2 shows black screen preview for the saved game||STAGED||View|
|30984||Some keys do not work in different games (Trine, Skyrim, Dragon Age Origins, Dragon Age 2, Star Trek Online, Gothic 2)||STAGED||View|
|33362||Dragon Age Origins texture replaced by black||NEW||View|
|33459||Dragon Age Origins crash with Framebuffer error||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|37533||Dragon Age Origins: Crashes in some parts of the game||UNCONFIRMED||View|
If you go on another desktop and then come back to Dragon Age window, you should notice keys on keyboard don't work anymore.
In fact, wine thinks the keys Crtl and Alt are still hold.
The workaround is simple : hit crtl key, then alt key with focus on Dragon Age window : the keyboard should work again
If you are affected by this bug, please warn Wine team about it on wine bugzilla :
If you see black screen or flickering during the cutscenes or/and on the main screen, you will need to run winetricks strictdrawordering=enabled
If you are affected by this bug, please report it on the wine bugzilla to help Wine team to solve it : Bug 22383
Downloading the DLCs manually seems currently the only way to get them working.
You can find the downloads in the Redeemed DLC Unofficial Troubleshooting and FAQ, section 4.1.
Afterwards you can install them using the "daupdater.exe", which requires dotnet20 (.NET Framework2.0).you can install it using winetricks :
In order to install the required components for Dragon Age DLC's, you will have to create a 32 bits wineprefix and install everything there (Dragon Age Origin included).
To create your 32 bits prefix : WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=/path/to/wineprefix winecfg
To start winetricks in that prefix : WINEPREFIX=/path/to/wineprefix winetricks
To run Dragon Age from this prefix : WINEPREFIX=/path/to/wineprefix wine /path/to/DragonAge/daorigins.exe
If you experiment any bug listed above, or any non listed bugs, please report it to wine bugzilla, specifying your wine version : http://bugs.winehq.org/This will help wine team to solve them.
If you see black screen flickering during the cutscenes or/and on the main screen, you will need to run winetricks strictdrawordering=enabled